Yahoo Answers Clone for Joomla - jAnswers Version 1.1.0 released!
jAnswers Factory provides the perfect Question and Answers Solution for the Joomla CMS integrating features from the well know Jahoo Answers system.
Users can ask questions, Community provides answers. Once a question placed, this can be extended (as period) if not answered. A Ranking system for answers is also available. Users can Report offensive text, mark Favourite Questions or use the extended search through the Knowledgebase. Read more...
jAnswers Factory 1.1.0 released on March 3, 2010.
* New feature: Points/Events system.
* New feature: Permissions/Levels (according to the number of points).
* New feature: nested set Category model (for a higher scalability).
* New feature: added possibility to implement own plugins based on the component predefined events (at this time 5 events are implemented).
* New feature: Answer more then once; users are allowed to answer a question several times (administrator option, enable/disable).
Improved code and SQL queries for better performance.
* Fixed some issues regarding SQL, saving answers, display date answers, choose best answer, favorites, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.7 released on February 9, 2010.
* Fixed issues regarding SEO and non-seo links behaviour, permissions, user notification on own question, profile saving, table indexes, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.6 released on July 5, 2009.
* XHTML 1.0 transitional compliant
* Improved SQL queries
* Improved search after TAGS
* Fixed issues when "select" multiple tags (with lots of "options", like those for users or categories), edit questions containing ' and " (on frontend and backend), treeview module (changed from YUI to jquery), install of treeview module, tagcloud module (if no tag exists).
jAnswers Factory 1.0.5 released on June 26, 2009.
* New feature: "voting answers" permissions (public, registered, special); for "voting answers" set on public: option to store the guest vote in a cookie, preventing multiple voting.
* Fixed issues regarding "escaped" question on display, voting system, terms and conditions link, user rights notice, admin edit question containing '"' in the title, db tables indexes, some xhtml compliances.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.4 released on June 16, 2009.
* Fixed issues regarding SEF and router.php file, about page on backend, improved coding, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.3 released on June 3, 2009.
* New feature: Public/Registred/Special statuses for different actions.
* New Feature: CB Plugin.
* Added possibility for users to edit their questions and add/remove answers from the backend for administrator.
* Fixed several issues including categories display, cb issues, formatting of answers, username display, TAG search and SEF, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.2 released on May 28, 2009.
* Fixed several issues including saving profile information, status fields, removed notices.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.1 released on May 18, 2009.
* Fixed several issues.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.0 released on April 17, 2009.