On Saturday, April 19th, 2008, the Spanish Joomla! community will hold their inaugural Joomla! Day España event on the beautiful campus of the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in Spain's capital city. This event sold out nearly a month ago, evidence of the strong support and enthusiasm of the Joomla! community from all across Spain.
Attendees will enjoy a variety of presentations and discussions held all day from 9 AM to 8 PM. During the day, the group will meet in the Assembly Hall. In the evening, smaller break-out sessions are scheduled in parallel to encourage focused discussion and community interaction.
The Joomla! Day España 2008 Agenda includes:
* A presentation on the Joomla! project, community, and directions by Franck Scipion, event organizer.
* Practical tips and development examples using the Joomla! 1.5 framework and a discussion of multi-lingual support for Joomla 1.5 using JoomFish will be shared by Alex Kempkens, Joomla! Core Team member.
* The value of collaboration and cooperation will be the focus of Joomla! Core Team member Chris Davenport's presentation. The project is working to encourage broader involvement given lessons learned from GHOP, GSoC, Bug Smashing and Doc Camp events, and even through use of simple tools, like Wikis.
* A round table discussion led by experienced Joomla! site developers with corporate, educational, event, eCommerce, and community-driven Web sites, will reveal helpful strategies and interesting case studies.
* Breakout sessions will cover diverse topics, such as installation, migration to Joomla! 1.5, SEO optimization, extension development, designing groups in Joomla! 1.5, security, and community support issues.
Joomla! Day España 2008 has not only captured the interest of the local community in Spain but is also, in part, responsible for spreading this enthusiasm across the globe by encouraging the Latin American community to organize Joomla! Day events for that region.
All around the world, Joomla! Days are a great way to learn, connect with others, share ideas, find ways to contribute, and simply to have fun. Congratulations to the Spanish Joomla! community! We sincerely hope that your Joomla! Day España 2008 is a productive time for attendees and that positive, lasting friendships will made between community members.
More information: see JoomlaDay.es (Event is sold out; registration is closed.)