The Thai Joomla! Community is looking forward to their second Joomla! Day Bangkok in Thailand's beautiful and thriving capital city. The event will be held on Saturday, May 10, 2008, from 9:00 AM until 5:30 PM at the Chaophya Park Hotel. JoomlaCorner and the National Electronics and Computer Tecknology Center (NECTEC) invite you to attend Joomla! Day Bangkok 2008 which promises to be an incredible day of learning, sharing, and networking with others.
This year, several key members of the Joomla! community are scheduled to speak:
* Mr. Samuel Moffatt - Joomla! Core Team and Developer Working Group;
* Mr. Alex Kempkens - Joomla! Core Team, Joomla! Events Coordinator, and core developer for JoomFish;
* Mr. Johan Janssens - Joomla! Development Working Group;
* Mr. Toby Patterson - Joomla! Development Working Group;
* Mr. Akarawuth Tamrareang - Joomla! Bug Squad, core developer for VirtueMart, and JoomlaCorner.com.
The agenda for Joomla! Day Bangkok 2008 includes a wide variety of interesting topics. Whether you are a professional Web site editor, publisher, developer, or administrator, or if you are simply interested in learning more about Joomla!, there will something for you. Topics to be presented include:
* Overview of Joomla! 1.5, with a focus on new features available;
* Discussion of how to create accessible Web site designs;
* Review of important security issues;
* Implementing authentication using LDAP and Active Directory;
* Migrating to Joomla! 1.5;
* Implementing Multi-lingual support for Joomla! 1.5 using JoomFish;
* Instruction on how to create extensions for Joomla 1.5;
* Presentation on the Joomla! 1.5 Framework;
* Instruction for converting Joomla! 1.0 components to Joomla! 1.5;
* Presentation of Joomla! e-Commerce Edition (VirtueMart).
All over the world, local communities gather at Joomla! Day events. This past weekend Joomla! Days were held in France and Norway. Already this year, Spain, the Netherlands, Melbourne and Italy held successful Joomla! Days. Several more May events are soon to be announced. Joomla! Days are a great way for people who are interested in Joomla! to get together, learn from one another, find ways to contribute to the Joomla! community, and have fun. We wish for our community members in Thailand an enjoyable and successful Joomla! Day Bangkok 2008.
For more information: visit http://joomladay.in.th and register online.